This theme was created for Windows 7, I have no idea if it would work on Vista so if someone want to try I’d like to know the result. I spent about 3 months working on it.
Making a theme for Win7 takes a really long time since you have to extract and edit all single graphic elements one by one (I created about 300 png files for this theme so far).
I used Windows 7 Style Builder. This program is a bit complicated to use at first because it doesn’t have much buttons or controls and when you go and make modifications, you can’t really see what you’re doing until you apply the theme with the preview button. Most of the time, you find an element that you modify, then you have to try to open the right window on the computer to check if your modification works. Sometimes, the parameter you want to change isn’t even available, so you have to add it but since you don’t know where it’s supposed to be added you just have to try different things until it works and sometimes it never works like text that you can’t change color. Once you know how the program works, you can do pretty much anything you want with the theme : adjust margins, change pictures, colors, fonts, sizes, etc…
Sounds come from Wipeout HD Fury with some extra distortion and stereo effects.
If there are some stuff that you want to change in this theme, you can use Win7 Style Builder to edit the Sulaco.msstyles file. You can extract pictures and edit them. If you need some help to find specific parameters, leave a comment.
1. Windows 7 doesn’t accept the use of themes created with Win7 Style Builder unless you patch some system files. To support 3rd party desktop msstyle themes, you need to get Universal Theme Patcher [mirror] (available for 32 and 64 bits) and patch 3 files. It requires administrator rights to work (Right-click the exe file, select Run as Administrator). Note: you might need to re-patch after some Windows updates.
3. Download the latest version of Sulaco Visual Style and extract it in the following folder:
4. Copy fonts from the Fonts folder to the following folder:
5. Open the Personalization window (Right click on desktop, Personalize) and select Sulaco Visual Style.
6. Get Se7en Copy Animation Modder to set custom color to Copy, Move, Delete window.
7. Use my Dexpot Tutorial to get roll-up and default transparency on Explorer windows.
v0.1 – 26/02/2011 : first release, still a lot of stuff to complete but the basic design is there
v0.11 – 14/05/2011 : added Windows sounds
v0.12 – 21/03/2012 : Explorer toolbar fix
v0.13 – 10/06/2013 : Button text color fix (Firefox, Gimp, …)
v0.14 – 22/06/2013 : Tooltip text color fix and copy/move/delete custom color tuto
v0.14 r+b – 09/08/2013 : Blue version (special thx to Masanovx who did most of the work)
v0.15 – 04/09/2013 : fix taskbar combined buttons and small font option (includes blue version)